Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
Micro Business Application
On July 22, 2014, The Honorable Terence R. McAuliffe, Governor of Virginia, signed into effect Executive Oder Number 20, for the purpose of “Advancing Equity for Small, Women, and Minority Owned Businesses.: In doing so, he created a new category of ‘micro-businesses’. All state purchases under $10,000 shall be set aside for micro-businesses when the price quoted is fair and reasonable.
It is incumbent upon the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity, formerly, the Department of Minority Business Enterprise, to identify those small businesses that are eligible for the micro-business designation.
As a certified Small Business by the Department, your company might qualify to be a “Micro Business”.
Here are the steps to apply for the “Micro Business” designation:
- Fill out the online form within 7 days.
- Gather the following required documents:
- Federal Form 941 (Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return) – 1st page from the most recent four quarters if your company has employees
- Federal Tax Return – 1st page from the most recent three years
- Scan the required documents into one PDF file. Name the file in this format: Barcode(6 digits of your certification number-DOC)_1.pdf Example: Barcode(004566-DOC)_1.pdf
If you wish to change any information, please complete and submit the form again with the correct information. You may complete this form multiple times for the same certification number, only the last submission will be used by the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity to make their determination.